The company was created in 2017 to sustain the development effort and to provide industry grade services and support to the end-users of the open source framework node-opcua.
Our missions are:
- to continuously improve and extend the OPCUA specification coverage the node-opcua framework with R&D backed up and sponsored by the end-users,
- to ensure that node-opcua will remain a open-source technology, forever,
- to help and support the node-opcua community with a set of commercial support packages,
- to promote and support third companies that uses node-opcua in their products with our "Backers & Sponsors" program,
- to actively participate and contribute to the OPCUA standardization by becoming a Corporate Member of the OPCUA Foundation.
- to become the first fully-certified OPCUA open source framework,
- to constantly improve the quality and performance of our code and documentation,
- to collaborate with other open-source IoT communities,
- to develop amazing new product based on node-opcua.
Sterfive is operated by its founder Etienne, the author of node-opcua.